Poem: "Lawn Dancers"

LAWN DANCERS

What happened in my lawn last night
I nearly fear to tell;
I hesitate but not from fright
(Now knowing all is well) –

It is because you may not think
That what I think, is true;
You may just laugh, or even wink
At friends who laugh with you.

Of course you’re right – I didn’t see
It all, but gave a glance
At lights all glowing daintily
And heard the fairies dance.

Oh yes, just laugh, but not so loud,
At what I say to you.
The fairy-folk are very proud;
You don’t know what they’ll do.

Their mirth rang out across my yard
Their magic sparked the air,
Their fairy watchers stood their guard
Lest trouble wander there.

I listened very carefully
To hear the fairies sing;
Then in the morning, fearfully,
I found their Fairy Ring.

Oh, don’t disturb a Fairy Ring!
That’s not the thing to do!
But to that spot should only bring
Love and peace with you.

And if you do, that magic band
Will bless you all your days;
And if you don’t, on every hand
You will be cursed – always!

©2017 Lewis A. Kocher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: "The Wheel of the Year"